8 Tips to Make the Most of Your Membership
“I’m a Triad NOW member – now what?”
We have lots of ways for you to become active in our community to support women’s rights!
- Join our email list: We send out a monthly update to remind members about the upcoming meeting, speakers, and actions you can take. fill out the Newsletter and Alerts sign-up form in the right-hand column of this page.
- Follow Triad NOW on social media: We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Come to our monthly meetings: Every month we have informative programs with speakers and activities. Mark your calendars for the first Tuesday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. We meet at the Shepherd’s Center, 1700 Ebert St, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Join a chapter committee: Join the Action Committee and help brainstorm chapter actions – from letter-writing campaigns to street theater! Or choose an issue committee – reproductive rights, ending violence against women, economic justice, racial justice, LGBTQ rights or the Equal Rights Amendment. We could use a secretary and a calendar guru, too.
- Sign up for alerts from the National Organization for Women: You can view national action items from NOW, and while you’re there, subscribe to the list to have them delivered right to your inbox!
- Register to vote: If you’re not already registered to vote, visit the NC Board of Elections to download a voter registration form. You can also use the form to update changes to your address or name. If you’re already registered, you can use web tools on that site to confirm your registration, check your precinct location, preview your ballot and look up what district(s) you’re located in (congressional, NC house/senate, etc.)
- Look up who represents you: You can find your national representatives at Common Cause’s website. Using the district numbers you identified in #6, you can find contact information for your NC House representative here, and your NC Senator here, . Triad NOW covers several counties, including too many cities and towns to list them all here. If you need help tracking your local representatives down, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take action! Using an action prompt from either Triad NOW or the National Organization for Women, write a letter to the editor, to your Congresswo/man or county councilwo/man! Share what you did and what response you received on our social media or at a chapter meeting!
Thanks for joining Triad NOW. We’re so happy you’re here, and look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting!